A+ A-

The history of this building, that would become the very emblem of the domination of the Republic of Genoa in Corsica, began in around 1380. The museum that it houses today naturally felt it important to celebrate its history by evoking the main stages of its development. This past splendour can be illustrated quite briefly. There is a model of the Governors’ Palace as it was before being abandoned by the Genoese in the 18th century. An audio-visual presentation, with considerable iconographic documentation, traces the good and bad fortunes of the monument, which, from being a palace for three centuries, became a barracks in 1796 and a museum in 1952.

L'entrée place du Donjon


Le Palais des Gouverneurs du 15e au 20e siècle